The first cubist buildings

Here are the first buildings from the subdivision across the motorway, rendered as a series of fractal cubes.  As I said last time, I want to create a landscape out of Menger sponges.








I've sprayed the structures with rust-coloured primer and chrome silver paint, and picked out some details in coloured acrylic.  These buildings have subtle accent colours in blue and green, but I also plan to use bright cadmium red accents in some places.





The buildings are based (loosely, obviously), on ones I can see from my house.  Here they are, in the middle of the picture above the green car:




This is the view I'll be working with, but since this is an abstract piece I'm much more interested in creating an interesting composition than accurately recording the landscape.

Comments